Kindle Fire: Kids vs Kids-Read My Comparison Here
As the weeks are flying in and we are now in the last week of September, I thought I would have a look at the Kindle Fire Kids Editions and do a comparison between the Fire 7 and the Fire HD8 as well as wondering which one would you give to your child. I know that from the end of September most people are starting to think of what they can give as Christmas presents and I am hoping that this post will give you an idea on what to get your kids this year.
I am going to cover the differences between both editions and then let you know the extra benefits that apply to both versions as well.
Firstly, here is the:
All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet
The Fire 7 comes with a 7″ Screen, a case which is Kid-Proof and 16 GB, it has been classed as the Number One Best Seller in Kids Tablets and can be purchased from Amazon. The price for the Fire 7 is £99.99 and has FREE Delivery in the UK.
The case for the Fire 7 comes in three colours and these are Blue, Pink and Yellow as shown below.
- As well as coming with a case which is Kid-Proof (available in the above colours), you also get 1 year subscription to Fire For Kids Unlimited and a worry-free guarantee that lasts for 2 years.
- The Fire 7 has a 7″ IPS display, the internal storage is 16GB and there is up to 8 hours of mixed-use battery life. If you want to get more storage, by adding a microSD card, you will then be able to get expandable storage of 256GB.
- Available is the Best-in-class parental controls and these are great because you are able to manage the educational goals, usage limits and the content access but your child with still be getting entertained while using a kids-friendly environment which you know is safe.
- Why not give your kids unlimited fun, they will have access to more than 5,000 games, apps, videos and books which are all very popular as well as also being able to access any educational content that comes from Nickelodeon, Sesame Street, Disney as well as lots more by using the one year subscription of Fire For Kids Unlimited.
- When you have Fire For Kids, you are able to increase the content in your child’s profile as they can have access to selected apps like YouTube, Candy Crush Jelly Saga and even Netflix that you may have in your own personal library.
- There is access to the Amazon Parent Dashboard which provides Discussion Cards and these can be used to help parents find out the titles that are enjoyed by their kids as well as being able to let them connect with the children while they talk to each other about the titles.
- Parents can have peace of mind that if their children break the device it can be returned and replaced for free and there will be no questions asked. This is a protection package with a 2-year worry-free guarantee and a kid-proof case.
All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition,
Like the Fire 7, the HD8 can be purchased from Amazon , it also comes with a Blue case which is kid-Proof but it has an 8″ Display and 32 GB which is double what the Fire 7 has. The price for the HD8 is £129.99 and there is also Free Delivery in the UK.
Both of the Fire Kids Editions (7 and HD8) have been built just for kids from the ground up and are both fully integrated with Fire For Kids Unlimited.
The Type of Content Kids Want
Fire For Kids Unlimited is Amazon’s very first all-in-one subscription which draws together the different types of content wanted by kids between the ages of 3 and 12. There is access to thousands of educational apps, games, books, TV shows as well as movies. With both the Fire Kids Editions you get a year of Fire For Kids Unlimited from Amazon at no additional charge.
Created with Kids in Mind
The Parental Controls are the Best-in-Class
The Browser Is a Kid-safe One
Because we have used our own expertise for curating more than tens of thousands of videos from YouTube as well as websites, this means that while you are browsing, any inappropriate content is being kept out. This therefore means that all parents are easily able to include whatever websites they want to add.
Two Year Guarantee Included
As we all know with children it is so easy for them to drop things and have other kinds of accidents. This is where the guarantee that is included is a good thing. It is a 2-year worry-free guarantee and this covers anything at all that happens to the tablet. All you have to do is return it and we will replace it free of charge and there will be no questions asked.
Your Fire tablet is also covered by this guarantee for both electrical and mechanical breakdowns. for further information on this click here.
Kid-Proof Case For Protection
The case for both versions of the Fire tablet is a very good kid-proof solution for any parents so that if their child was to drop it or bump it against things while they are playing and parents can have peace of mind because of the worry-free protection. The kid-proof case for the Fire tablet has been created to be both lightweight as well as durable. It also fits easily into little hands and adds no extra weight to the device.
See What Kids Are After These Days
You Can Tailor What Your Kids See
Because we have made use of Smart Filters, it makes sure that your child can only see age-appropriate content, this means that the older kids don’t have to watch the baby stuff as well as the little kids not being able to see any scary stuff. There is no problem either if you wish to add more content to your child’s profile which then gives them selected access to the parents personal library allowing them to use things like Netflix, Minecraft and even YouTube just by using Fire For Kids Unlimited.
When you purchase the Fire Kids Edition, you automatically receive a year of Fire For Kids Unlimited and there is no costs involved. With Fire For Kids Unlimited you have access to more than thousands of TV shows, books, educational apps and movies, there are also games which include favourite characters from Sesame Street, Disney, Nickelodeon plus lots more. There are age-appropriate Titles that cover the kids from age 3 to age 12.
Comparison Table For The Fire Kids Edition 7 and HD8
Below is a table that you can use to see the differences between the two devices at a quick glance.
|Resolution||1024 x 600 (171 ppi)||1280 x 800 (189 ppi)|
|Storage||16 GB (expandable by up to 256 GB)||32 GB (expandable by up to 256 GB)|
|Battery Life||Up to 8 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video and listening to music||Up to 12 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video and listening to music|
|Sound||Mono speaker, Built-in microphone||Dolby Atmos, Dual stereo speakers, Built-in microphone|
|Colours||Black tablet with choice of Blue, Pink or Yellow Kid-Proof Case||Black tablet with choice of Blue, Pink or Yellow Kid-Proof Case|
|Content||1 year of Fire for Kids Unlimited which offers access to over thousands of kid-friendly books, videos, educational apps and games||1 year of Fire for Kids Unlimited which offers access to over thousands of kid-friendly books, videos, educational apps and games|
|Service and Warranty||2-year worry-free guarantee included||2-year worry-free guarantee included|
|Cover||Kid-Proof Case included||Kid-Proof Case included|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.3 GHz||Quad-core 1.3 GHz|
|Camera||VGA front-facing camera + 2 MP rear-facing camera with 720p HD video recording||VGA front-facing camera + 2 MP rear-facing camera with 720p HD video recording|
|Connectivity||Dual-band Wi-Fi||Dual-band Wi-Fi|
|Weight||390 g||483 g|
|Dimensions||141 x 222 x 26.3 mm||154 x 243 x 26.3 mm|
After doing this comparison and looking at what was on offer for both versions of the Fire Kids Edition, I really have to say that I think they are both very good and there is not many differences between them both.
For that reason I think that the Fire 7 would be more suited to the younger child who maybe won’t use all the features such as using the camera. There is also more chance of the younger child dropping the device or even banging it off things.
The Fire HD8 in my opinion is more suited to children from the ages of maybe 7 and upwards as they are more likely to notice the things like the HD screen, how easy it is to manoeuver through all the different things that are available for them to use.
Please let me know if this has been any good in helping you to decide if you think your child would like one of these devices and what one would you decide for them. Would you agree or would you think differently.
Alternatively, if you have any questions or feedback on this article, please leave them in the comment section below or contact me at WealthyAffiliate.com, and I will be more than happy to answer them.